YPU)Conditions for exchange students from Navarra (April 2005)
This is a translation of an email from the Navarra Subcomittee, EU
Comittee of YPU dated 27 April 2005 signed by the Chair Prof Tohru
1) Students should let us know as soon as possible for how long he or she
wants to stay in Yamaguchi, and the date of arrival.
Maximum duration is one year, according to the Memorandum on this website.
2) YPU will look for a homestay. An average cost of homestay is 50000 yen
(=357 EURO) per month. It includes bed, breakfast and supper with the
host family. Padre Luis FONTES is helping us to find a cheaper way of a
kind of homestay.
3) Lectures in Spanish are not available in YPU. We have classes given in
English in which exchange students from the United States, Canada, and
Spain are supposed to attend with some Japanese, Korean, and Chinese
students who are suficiently fluent in English.
4) Funding for exchange students from Navarra does not as yet exists. He
or she should cover all the living expences in Yamaguchi, as was signed in
5) Taking Japanese visa is a complicated process. In order to get a
student visa, you should attend at least 6 or 7 classes per semester.
Choose classes that you prefer as early as possible. You can find the
list of classes given for the 2nd semester of 2005 (beginning 1 Oct. until
ealy February 2006) in the office of Vice-rector Iriarte Angel.
For more information, contact Prof. Yuji ANKEI
Prof. Yuji ANKEI
2nd floor of the Inspection Department of the Central Library UPN.
c/o Vice-rector Jose Luis Iriarte Angel
Public University of Navarra
31006 Pampolona Spain
http://ankei.ypu.jp (for Yamaguchi)
http://ankei.jp (for the world)