YPU-UPN) Student Exchange Memorandum signed 4 Nov. 2005
I put this memorandum for the second time because the earlier version
did not have the articles 10 and 11.
This is a copy of the memorandum signed in November 2004
in Yamaguchi. It is similar to those memoranda signed between other
universities, but there was some discussion between Vice-rector Iriarte
Angel on UPN's part, and Prof. ANKEI on YPU's part.
We agreed to add a phrase "in principle" to Artcle 7.
It implies that students will pay tutions only for their homeland
university, with the only exceptions of supplementary classes or courses
Prof. Yuji ANKEI
C/Urroz, 31, 3ºB
31015 Pamplona, Spain
FOR STUDENT EXCHANGES BETWEEN
THE PUBLIC UNIVERSITY OF NAVARRA, SPAIN
YAMAGUCHI PREFECTURAL UNIVERSITY, JAPAN
In Yamaguchi,4th November,2004
The Public University of Navarra, Spain, and Yamaguchi Prefectural
University, Japan, based on Article 3 of the Agreement for Academic
Exchange and Cooperation concluded between the two Universities, agree
with the following in order to ensure the smooth implementation of the
exchange of their students.
1. The period of study for the students participating in this program
(hereafter referred to as "exchange students") shall be no longer than
2. The number of exchange students shall be at most three from each
university and in principle each university shall have the same number
of exchange students per year.
3. The home university shall select students meeting the requirements
for selection from among those applying and shall recommend them to the
4. Exchange students shall be enrolled with all of the rights and
responsibilities of students of the host university.
5. The host university shall, upon request, notify the home university
in advance how many credits exchange students may earn.
6. The host university shall provide information on the academic
performance of exchange students at the host university.
7. The host university shall, in principle, waive tuition and
registration fees for exchange students at the host university.
8. The host university shall designate an adviser to exchange students.
9. The host university shall help the exchange students to get room.
10. Travel expenses, incidental living expenses, medical expenses, etc.
shall be the responsibility of exchange students.
11. In the event that problems arise in the implementation of the
exchange, the two Universities will consult each other on each occasion.
The Public University of Navarra Yamaguchi Prefectural University
Pedro Burillo López Hiroyasu Iwata